So there was still a little bit left over of the two fabrics I’ve used for my previous skorts. Last week I made a similar one to the improved version, so a half circle skirt. This time with a zipper in the waistband to create a little pocket for a key or such.
In order to make the zipper function correctly, and not get stuck in the fabric all the time, I put some ribbon behind it. There is also elastic in the top edge.
I managed to fit another skort in the last few remaining bits and pieces. This was another type of skort. The same shorts pattern was used, taken in about two centimeters to make it fit on the fabric. For the skirt, I googled skort and found a Jalie pattern (Jalie 2796 Multi-Sport Skort) of which I liked the features, so I attempted to draft something similar. I probably did not make it wide enough in the front since it seems to bunch up a little. But this tends to happen with skirts anyway. So I will see in the summer whether it works. The good thing about this one is that it has pockets in the sides and another hidden pocket on the leg.
All in all, getting four garments out of two coupons of fabric is quite a success. I’m going to try to throw out the leftovers. Then I won’t have more stuff remaining.