After finishing the playsuit, I had a small piece of fabric left over. Knowing that if I didn’t do something with it immediately, it would remain forever in the stash, I started a new project with it. I found my ‘shirt’ pattern and cut that one out without the sleeves. It was a lot less wide too, since there was not enough fabric, officially. I sewed it at about 3 mm seam allowance, but it did fit when I pulled it on over my head. I had it basically done the same night as the playsuit, apart from 1 sleeve band. Of course that sleeve band took until last weekend to actually sew, but now the shirt is done and it has been worn.
I quite like the shape of the neckline, but I think I may have pulled the band a little too much. Or there just wasn’t enough stretch in it. Anyway, I do like the armpit area. I think it looks quite clean. The shirt also does not feel mega tight when on, so that is a positive aspect too.
It’s always nice when you can use up all the fabric and not have much left over. I declare light yellow flower fabric conquered!