A triangular scarf is what I have also been working on the past couple of weeks. I started it on April 1st and dumped it in a corner on April 6th when I wanted/needed/craved knitting the Octopus. After finishing the Octopus, which still needs a name and has not yet gotten a blog post because of that, and going on public transport for a trip in the weekend, I knew I needed a project. So I grabbed the 2/3 finished project from the corner and put it in the bag.
I found the pattern on Ravelry, it was free and created by E. Pauwels and you can find it here and my ‘notes’ here. It’s a really quick and easy knit, and you only have to think at the beginning and end of a row. Which is pretty nice when you are knitting on public transport. The pattern did state that it would curl, and it really does curl. This is why I’ve been attempting to block it, which seems to have worked out fairly well. It does not curl up nearly as bad anymore. The pictures above and below are taken with the thing spread out and pinned to a spare bed-chair.
It’s clearly not symmetric in colour stripes, and I’m not sure how I feel about this yet. This is why this may become a present at some point..