When one finishes a Night Clown Jacket, they also need Evening Harlequin Pants to complete the Bedtime Jester Suit (BJS). That is exactly what I did last night. After work, I decided that it was high time to complete the BJS. I used the same pattern that I’ve used for all my other pairs of pyjamas (Burdastyle 7-2010, pattern 132). I did have to trace a little bit from the original pattern as I’ve managed to lose a pattern piece in its entirety.
I wanted to have the front be the same colour in the middle, probably just because I thought it would look nice. I actually managed to cut it out according to plan and I have half a meter left over, so I’m really quite happy with that. It could be enough to make something fun like a colourful poppy or so.
These are the pants. No real surprises there I guess. Construction was done on the serger for leg and crotch seams. I used the regular sewing machine for the top bit, that folds over to encase some elastic.
The length keeps me warm, even if it looks like I’ve got bow legs, which I don’t, but I’m actually very happy with how that turned out. Apparently this fabric creases like no one’s business, but it is for in bed, so who cares. I would also like to present the completed Bedtime Jester Suit for all of you to peruse.
I like the fact that the top and bottom do not match. I think it would look weird if they did. I could always wear the pants the wrong way round and see if that would indeed look odd, but for now, I’ll leave it as is. I did already sleep in it, and apart from having to open the button when removing the top, it’s fantastic. I might decide to never do up the top button, but we’ll have to wait and see.