Raaawr! Sort of, anyways.
I made a bear! While I should actually be working on redoing some of the final bits of my backpack, I decided that last weekend would be the perfect time to make a teddy bear! I found the pattern on How Joyful (here). The instructions are scant but fine to work with. The only trouble I had, was with the ease in the legs but even more so with easing in the back of the arms into the front. So this was partly fudged but in the end it seemed to work out fine. I half scaled the pattern so my bear is approx. 30 cm high. I did make a few changes. I wanted a mouth-bit that was more straight across than rounded and I flattened his tummy a bit. I made his tail in the contrast fabric. I decided to make his nose out of the main fabric and lightly stitch it on. Lastly, I used his back seam for stuffing instead of the neck-body seam. This made more sense to me and was easier to machine. Here he is!
I mostly finished him, apart from eyes, mouth and stuffing seam last weekend, he only needed to wait for me to buy him some eyes, so I could finish his face. The eyes are very strange. They have a screw like bit at the back, and a ring you clip on. Once the ring is on, it will stay on, so there’s only one chance of doing it right. Luckily I did it right the first time, so I didn’t have to sacrifice any eyes. I bought a double set because I’m thinking of making another one, but then with rabbity features, since I really like rabbits.
Now I need to find a fix for my backpack and then I’ll get to use it in two weeks time, so exiting! Presently I’m going to cuddle this bear and celebrate the King’s Birthday!