I mentioned this project as an aside in my curtains post (here). I had made some grey pants using the pattern from my green pants (here). Sadly, when I put them on with the invisible zipper already in place, it fell off, it was that large. It was also extremely itchy so it was difficult to try on and figure out what to do. However, I had to take it in somewhere.. I decided I didn’t want to mess with the fantastic side seam zipper. So I took it in in the middle. (Note: trying on really itchy pants with pins in the crotch seam.. Super scary!)
I first had to get a lining to be able to fit the thing easily. I got that with the curtains and then managed to get my pants done. I made my own bias tape to line the pockets and belt loops. So my pants are black and grey, very wide, extremely fluid (because of the lining it feels like liquid bottom covers) and nice to wear. This is how they look:
Here’s a close up of the zip and pocket. You can also see some of the belt loops.
I have even more pictures of those belt loops, clearly I like them, the left is the front and the right is the back. There is a centre seam in the pant front waistband because I had to take it in and was not interested enough to cut a second front waistband. This works fine.
Lastly, the lining (brown) and the hand sewn hem. The hem is quite wide, so I could theoretically let it out if needs be.
I really like these pants (even if the proportions might not be ideal on me). I’ve worn them quite a bit since I finished them. I’m still getting used to the fluidity, but I like the fact that there are two layers. Next, I finished a sweater and you’ll get the details.