Although my previous post was from a finished project. I soon discovered that I’d actually forgot to post about this project I finished way before that. Half June, the lady who supervised my thesis went on pregnancy leave. I wanted to make her and the kid a little present. I came up with a poppy, again.
This time I didn’t know the sex of the baby, and I had apparently used up all my yellow poppy suitable fabric. I only had blue left, and didn’t like that very much. So on the hunt I went, to find myself a new bit of soft fabric that I could make a poppy from. I eventually found some red and green and white striped/blocked/whatevered fabric that was suitable enough. I’d apparently already used a bit at some other point and therefore it was missing a little bit. I trimmed of the other end also. I put the body together and added the head. When that was all finished, I needed a hat for it. I figured I could sew the offcuts together to make a bigger strip and that could be the hat. So I did just that.
It’s a bit Christmassy, but this is the final result. I think he’s cute.
She seemed to like it too, so that was good.
In other news, I handed in my thesis on Wednesday and have received the results. I scored a 7.65 out of 10, which means I’ve passed my thesis and am now waiting for the secretariat to input the grade into the system and make me graduate! Yay! I’ll be a ‘, MSc’ soon!