I’ve been participating in Me Made May ’13 this month. There is one problem. I’ve made quite some dresses and skirts, but I don’t regularly wear them. With being forced to wear me made items, I do have to choose some of those. Yesterday I found out what I find the biggest problem with dresses and skirts. Nothing covers my legs! Yes. This is obvious indeed.
So is the solution. Shorts! Makes me feel decent, but no one can see (unless I bend over and touch my toes and hike up said skirt). I found some slinky stuff in the stash that I’ve tried to use for a blouse before, but that project failed. It’s got little cheetahs or jaguars or other large catty creatures on it, almost invisible though. I semi flat felled the crotch seam, french seamed the sides and inner leg seams, doubled over the hems and the top and put some elastic through it. While the fabric was really shifty, I managed to finish it within 3 hours or so, a record! It’s not a nice pair of shorts in any sense of the word, but it does serve its purpose. The pattern is the same as for my pajamas (here and here).
Front and inside respectively. If you look closely you can see the cats on the left.