So, I told you about the vests the other day. Are you ready for the second part of the productivity series? (If you’re not, sorry but here it is anyway)
The second part of the series revolves around my second make, a t-shirt. It was made of the stripy knit I bought a while ago (here). I had a t-shirt polo thing that I really liked the shape of, but it had ugly logo’s all over the place (it was free). So I took it apart and traced the pieces.
I cut out the 4(!) pieces on Tuesday. Sewed the shoulder seams and serged them, sewed the sleeves in the flat and serged them and sewed the side seams on Thursday. Figured out how to actually make my serger sew nice seams (and not ruffly things and weird superfluous thread everywhere) on Friday and serged the side seams. I hemmed the sleeves and the bottom and left the last bit to Saturday. Which was cutting out the neckline based on another shirt and sewing a strip along the neckline to finish it nicely.
Admittedly it took a second try to get it to lie nice and flat, but it worked out in the end. I’m really happy with it, it’s comfortable, stretchy, sits nicely on me, and I love it. I even managed to line up the stripes on the side seams and sleeves. This is the end result:
My mom wants to have a larger shirt out of the leftovers, but I think I’m just going to make another one for myself, with a deeper V. And I’m definitely keeping those pattern pieces. I love it! Next: the white skirt.