I have been planning on making a coat for a while now. Since, you know, it’s winter in my part of the world. I found this pattern in a magazine that was available in the Netherlands and it’s this one. Now, I wanted to test it out before I cut into the wool I have. I still had 2 metres of this strange yellow knit fabric, and I needed a warm top of some sort. So I put 1 and 1 together and ended up with this:
It closes with hidden snaps (the buttons are not functional). The pattern in the magazine started at size 36-38, which I figured would be slightly too big, so I retraced all the lines approximately one size (so 32-34) smaller. When I cut it and sewed it up, I still had to take it in at least a cm on all seams, but now it fits quite nicely. There are inseam pockets in the side seams.
I’m quite happy to have it finished because now I am allowed to start something else (or I should really finish one of the other projects I have lying around). All in all though, I think this pattern will make a suitable coat, although I might make the one with the standing collar, as that seems warmer and more closed up than this version. Still, I’m happy with it. On to the coat, or so it seems!
Oh, and I wish you all a very happy and joyous 2013, may it be a crafty time!