I finished a previously long-time unfinished project! The shell of this little jacket has been done for months and months. I don’t even remember how long really. However, a friend of mine was on holiday this week, and he has threatened to come by and chuck all my unfinished projects away. So I figured I’d take the time and use it to finish something. Less for him to throw away, right?
I did exactly that, not perfectly in time (he got back yesterday morning and I stitched the last stitch 1.5 hours ago), but it is finished now. I got the pattern from the Dutch magazine Knipmode. I heavily modified the original pattern because it seemed that they had anticipated on me having a 3 times as large bust as I do. However, the lines have turned out approximately as they had in their description. Although I did choose a hook&eye closure in the front, instead of a button.
So, here it is, front, back, lining and some details: pocket (functional!), neckline stitching and closure:
That is it, my finished jacket. I still have some of the shell fabric left, so expect a skirt soon(-ish, or well possibly at some point, in the future), which will make it part of a fully fledged suit (like outfit).
But for now, it will occupy a place in my closet to function as another garment for my top half. This will increase the me-made jackets by 100% (I now have 2), that can be worn to school. I have also made some progress on the knitting, and will continue with that now.