It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted anything. I’ve been working on three things actually, but it took me forever to complete one of them. The first one that is finished is a red and yellow plaid blouse. It’s based on the vintage simplicity pattern 1236, the same as the cook blouse (here). It took it in on all sides, lengthened all the darts, changed the button placement, took the cap sleeves from Simplicity 2473 and made it a little longer. I also added in side extensions at the bottom, as those I saw in my fathers shirt. So here is the finished product:
Left is the blouse front, with the plaid as matched as I could, I think it looks quite good. Also I changed the button placement to 4x 2 buttons closer together, I like it, although it is easy to skip one when buttoning up. On the right is the side extension, a red piece of linen I found in the stash.
I also fully finished it on the inside, so no shedding hopefully. Here you can sort of see it.
So I also have a blue shirt to finish, and a red sweater that needs bound edges. So hopefully I’ll be creative enough to finish that soon!