Last week I went to the fabric market with my father, we were on the hunt for some nice fabrics (of course). Eventually I came home with a bit of black with white pinstripe cloth with a strange but very nice feel, some white fabric I plan to use as a lining for a jackety type thing, and some blue stiff stuff with flowers on. I was quite pleased. Popped the black stuff in the washing machine and set out not long after to make it into a dress. I really liked working with it, and the dress is nice too. It’s Simplicity 2473, and I adore the collar. I did however, cut it at least 1 size to big, so now additional fabric on the insides by the zipper measures 3 cm. I did however, serge every edge, so it even looks clean on the inside, which is something I’ve really never achieved before. I did take it out for a trial run last week and it behaved nicely. I’ll just have to make sure I don’t wear it with that particular pair of leggings because it sort of stuck, which looked a bit odd. This dress took about 4 days to make, on and off. The instructions are very clear. Anyways, here is the finished product (inside and out).
And the collar: