We received an invitation a couple of months ago for a wedding. My cousin was going to marry the mother of his 2 children. So I figured, what a good opportunity to make a dress. I started one, and discarded it quite soon after (it was hideous, and didn’t fit at all). I think the pattern was just screwed up because even the models looked like it didn’t quite fit.
Some time after the first try I was wondering around burdastyle, where I found a really nice dress (link). With a free pattern. So I figured I’d attempt that. Figuring out how the top should fit took some time. And I had to make it in the evenings because I was working that week too. Which was troublesome. After I’d finished the top bit, I had to attach the waistband, which took one or two more evenings, which sounds long, but alone it’s very difficult. And of course zipper troubles, which took forever. In the end I was literally sewing until the minute before we left. I cut of the last bits in the car and arrived splendidly at the party. I had a very nice time and got a lot of compliments, about my hair, appearance and dress. That made me very happy.
Here’s the result of my hard work: