So I tried it yesterday, making something little. But I couldn’t even copy the pattern right, thus gave up and went to bed. With a “try again tomorrow” sort of idea.
And I did, I started something when I came home, and it’s finished now. So I’m pretty happy. It came about like this: I’ve been reading about Colette patterns for ages now. Some of my favourite blogs mention them quite often. However, I’ve always found them really expensive and not very interesting really. So I never purchased any. But there’s a new pattern out. The Sorbetto top (here), which is free. And us Dutchies sure like our free stuff. Today I got another reminder that it existed from one of the bloggers over at the sew weekly. So I thought, it’s supposed to take little to no time, it’s free, and it absorbed basically very little fabric (I’m quite tiny so I only needed the length of the top in fabric).
And they’ve been right, it is really easy. It’s free, and it looks quite ok. I just followed the instructions. I would actually make it longer next time, since it barely covers my waistband. And I might make the arm holes a little bigger. I made it in the same fabric as my UFO dress from the vintage Simplicity 1236. But this one is finished! Unless I decide to add some buttons or something, but that’s not necessary yet.
And this is the result:
I’m so happy I found my craft gene again!