I was looking around Etsy for dresses and I found this one:
And I thought: “that’s nice, but I’m not willing to pay that amount of money for something which will not fit me”. So I figured I’d make it myself. I’d just gotten my serger and found a free sheath dress type pattern on the internet and started fiddling around. The bottom bit got together without a hitch, but the top bit, well the top bit just.. didn’t. It didn’t fit, it wouldn’t sit right, and eventually I gave up.. Until.. yesterday morning. I’d just finished the champagne skirt and wanted another project, saw this hanging and thought: yes, that’s it. However, since the top bit didn’t fit and I’d make the black top only days ago and that did fit.. I decided to adapt the black top to fit on the grey skirt piece. That did fit, and eventually went on fine. It’s taken me until today to finish it, but it’s done now. And I’m happy with it. I used the vintage dress as inspiration, not as the thing I wanted to carbon copy. So the back is different and so are the straps, but the idea is there. I’m actually pretty happy with it and think it could work really well for anything formal. Or less formal, depending on the sleeve bit you put over it. I’m really happy with the result and here it is:
Hope you like it as much as I do!