So I started this project of making a blouse from a vintage pattern (Simplicity 1236) in a white linen ages ago. But at a certain moment I was so confused by the instructions that I sort of gave up, put it in a drawer and looked back at it once in a while.
But yesterday I finally had to courage and enthusiasm to try it again. And this time, after again carefully reading the instructions I finally figured out what they wanted with the collar. As you can probably (hopefully) see on the picture though, the bust area of the blouse is supposed to be really baggy, which personally I thought looked really terrible. So I took the darts up about 10 cm or so, so now it’s rather more fitted and I like it much more. I took some buttons that I got somewhere and put those on, and I think the effect is rather nice. The wonderful button making foot and options of my sewing machine were also used gratefully. I even closed of all raw seams, so I’m quite proud of myself.
I’ll show the result later when I feel like taking pictures, and have actually ironed the thing. Anyways, I’m proud of myself for finally finishing it. Only a few more unfinished projects to go.
And I think I’m going to start on one that has been in my head for a while, because I finally figured out a way to make it work. I’ll keep you posted.
Creativity ruled today, I hope to see more of that.